Monday, June 20, 2011

What are the best civil engineering schools in California?


What are the best civil engineering schools in California?
I am a community college student who has taken all the math and physics and I want to know which schools to apply to. Who are the best CSUs? I know Cal-Poly SLO and San Jose State are pretty good. Who else? Who are the best UCs? I know Berkeley, Davis, and UCLA have good civil engineering programs. Who else? I can't afford private schools, so, I probably won't look at any.
Engineering - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I know the 2nd best engineering school in the nation is in california and thats harvey mudd but other than that i don't know about the rest


2
Sorry to be a snob, but the reputation of the school has a lot to do with your future. Really does. So skip the state colleges. Cal Poly is pretty good, but the Universities have the clout. Davis is good. My son just graduated from there in CE. Housing is very good, cost of living is reasonable. Good town. Berkeley is good, but housing is awful. City politics make the place a laughing stock. And, sorry to the other poster but Harvey Mudd is only known to a few that graduated from there. No Nobel Laureates.


3
The best civil engineering school in Istanbul,Turkey. The name is Istanbul Technical Univercity.