Thursday, December 30, 2010

What is good gift for my teacher? I'm adult student who came to California 5 years ago.?


What is good gift for my teacher? I'm adult student who came to California 5 years ago.?
I go to Independence adult school in San Jose, California. All my teachers are good. Mrs. Rosland is my best. She help me and is patient and good teacher. I want give to her gift. What is good gift for favorite teacher? I have $50.00 to give her. Is it rude to give to her money?
Other - Education - 5 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I have heard that its not proper to give the teacher or your boss a gift. Plus it makes you look like your trying to get special favors.


2
giving cash as a gift is generally considered rude, unless the situation calls for it specifically. give her a wooden box or something like that. I gave one of my teachers (male) a wooden watch valet for Christmas, and it worked out pretty good.


3
Money really isn't appropriate..... you need to get something that says thanks for whatever she taught you..... If you can't think of anything, maybe just a gift certificate for a nice dinner..... or go look here.... www.cookiesbydesign.com They have some pretty cool cookie boquets. Don't give cash though.... most people like the thought you put into the gift-- cash takes no thought!


4
An apple. XD just kidding about that. You could try doing something personal, like write a poem about how much she means to you an all she's done for you.


5
A gift certificate for a good store like Macy's is acceptable. I think money is okay if you put it in a nice card with a thank you note saying how much she has helped you. You say it is an adult school, so that's not like regular school. You are all adults.