Thursday, January 6, 2011

San Jose state, California state Long Beach or City College of San Francisco??


San Jose state, California state Long Beach or City College of San Francisco??
Hi, I graduated university in abroad couple of years ago (studied politics) and recently moved to California and want to go to state university to study graphic design.. (financially, i will not be able to afford going to private art school. ) Which state university have better program for graphic design? San Jose state university or California state university Long Beach?? I also find out City College of San Francisco offers certificate program for graphic design. Would it be as good as studying at 4year university? if I moved to San Jose or Long beach, will I be able to live without a car??? (I am currently living in San Francisco and not familiar to other cities in california..) I would appreciate it if you guys could give me some advice..
Higher Education (University +) - 4 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
San Jose has a really good transit system, and is a cool place to live. I lived there for 3 years and loved it! Personly I hate long beach, the air is bad and the people are worse.


2
Do not go to San Jose State for graphic design or any art related program. Their art programs are not good. Long Beach is an ok school, but I dont really like that place either. I think going to the city college is good enough for you because you already graduated with a degree. The city college is way cheaper than a 4 year university. You should do the certificate.


3
California state university Long Beach offers better art related programs than San Jose .But my friends say that the nature is very bad...


4
I just moved to San Jose last summer and it is actually a great experience. You got the Tech Museum really close to the University. I go to san jose state university by the way. And I don't have a car but I get around just fine. They give you a free bus pass with tuition and a tour of places you can go with your bus pass. The city is very nice!! I often go for walks. You are like right downtown and anything you need is there. If you end up going there, hit me up. I dont have a problem with helping you. I'm starting my sophomore year next fall.