Wednesday, April 6, 2011

what is your recommendation for colleges in california to study at?


what is your recommendation for colleges in california to study at?
I am going to school in Minnesota and planning on doing the National Student Exchange in California for my senior year next fall, for one semester. These are my options so far: California State, Northridge California State, Chico California State, San Bernardino California State, Fresno Sonoma State University San Jose State University Can anyone give any recommendations? All of these are in areas where I would want to be, I think, but I don't know the area very well. They also all have the majors I need. Also, on a side note, I'm not basing my decision on populations, either. So, basically, I would like to know which ones are maybe the nicest?
Studying Abroad - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Northridge and San Bernadino are in Southern California, which is crowded and smoggy, as far as I'm concerned. Fresno is in the middle of agricultural hell- it's ugly and flat. Chico is a total 'party school'. Sonoma State would be my pick. It's in Sonoma County, north of San Francisco, in a beautiful area near the 'wine country' and you will have access to the art in San Francisco, but it is more bucolic. San Jose is big and crowded, but it would be my second choice.