Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Can I go to a different high school in the same district here in CALIFORNIA?


Can I go to a different high school in the same district here in CALIFORNIA?
Alright now heres the situation: I am currently a Junior in high school who lives on the west side of San Jose, CALIFORNIA (thats important for this). I currently attend Lynbrook High School in the Fremont Union High School District. My family is considering moving to the Evergreen area on the east side of San Jose. If we move there the high school I would have to go to would be Evergreen Valley High School (EVHS). Now I have read A LOT, and I mean A LOT of negative things about this school, and I have BARELY read good things about this school. I've heard the administration is terrible. Also That there security is incredibly strict. I've read that its overcrowded. I've read that the people there act hella shady. In addition to this I've read that, academically, it's not too good of a school and it barely prepares you for college despite the high API score (800 something, which I was told was high. Im just a kid I really dont know) I've just heard so many stories of kids transferring from this school because they hated it which concerns me. Theres Not a lot of love for poor EVHS. SO my question is! Can I go to Independence High School or any other high school, in the SAME DISTRICT (East Side Union High School District) as Evergreen Valley High School. Im asking this because 1) My mother says that in the state of CALIFORNIA you HAVE to go to the school assigned to your addressed and that there are NO INTER-DISTRICT TRANSFERS (which is what i assume there are called) Or that these "interdistrict tranfers" are really hard to get approved or something. 2) I really would like to enjoy my last two years of being a kid before the real world hits me in the face. Sorry that this question was really long but I'm just concerned.
Primary & Secondary Education - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Why does everyone live in San Jose O.O I live in Campbell, and we can sign up for any school we want in March....Just ask the school district..