Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What are my rights as a student?


What are my rights as a student?
I come to 1st period late often. My teacher would be cool and mark me on time, but today she locked us out.(First time she ever did this) Me and five other students. I know this is a violation to my rights, and i have a right to an education. and locking me out is a violation. I have my final tomorrow for first period. If i get lock out again what should i do, as a Junior in high school. (Abraham lincoln high school, san jose california)
Law & Ethics - 4 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
How about you just get to school on time? Just a thought.


2
Your concept of "rights" is a bit shaky. Students gave the "right of entry" when they are on time. You abused the privilege. In college, you are not required to attend classes...but your professor is allowed to not allow you to make up work. You may also have noticed that your locker is legally subject to search...which tells you a bit more about "student rights".


3
a


4
You have the right to attend class; you have the responsibility to get there on time. Failure to attend to your responsibility forfeits your right.