Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Question about Traffic School and Speeding Ticket in California.?


Question about Traffic School and Speeding Ticket in California.?
So I just received a traffic ticket for speeding and am trying to figure out if I am eligible for traffic school. I was driving from Orange County (where I live) to San Jose for work and got caught speeding at 88 MPH in a 70 MPH zone. I have not attended traffic school for more than 4 years, but is my violation eligible for California traffic school? Or was I going too fast? And I received the ticket in San Jose, do I need to attend traffic school in San Jose or can I attend traffic school in California?
Law Enforcement & Police - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
The only speed I'm aware of that isn't eligible for traffic school is over 100 MPH. And you're allowed to take traffic school to remove points every 18 months, so you're fine. You can take any court-approved school; there are some that you can do online, i.e. while you're in Orange County, such as this one: http://www.drivinguniversity.com/california-approved-online-traffic-school/san-jose.htm However, I'd double-check their claim that it's court-approved.