Tuesday, May 24, 2011

How can I convince my dad to let me go to California?


How can I convince my dad to let me go to California?
Hi I'm kelsey I'm a 13 year old girl. My school has a week which we call MEA week where the teachers have workshops all day everyday and we get the whole week off. My dad is going to San jose California the Thursday before MEA. It has been my dream to attend either Stanford or cal since I was 6. My dad went to cal and he said he wanted to show me the campus. I'm in eigth grade and play varsity volleyball at a large school. I know for sure I want to play volleyball at cal or Stanford. Over the week we r there cal is playing Stanford in volleyball at stanford. We r staying at my great uncles beach house which is a half an hour away from stanford. It works out so perfect even my dad said it would be fun. I would have to fly alone but I have done it before. How do I convince him to let me go?! I want this so bad. I'm a very determined girl and I am about to cry I want to go so bad! Thank u for all of ur help!
Family - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Well, don't cry lol. You want to convince him that you're mature. And make sure you emphasize that you want to go so you can check out the school and not for fun necessarily.. Maybe even contact the school ahead of time and try to set up a tour or a meeting with a couselor or something to talk about the school. Those kind of things will show him that your mature and serious about your future and that this trip will help you to achieve your goals.