Saturday, May 28, 2011

safe and affordable cities in California?


safe and affordable cities in California?
My friend is 18 yrs old and wants to move to California after high school graduation. After reading some other questions like this Alameda, Santa Ana, San Jose and Long Beach sound like good options. Do any of you have opinions on these places or know of any better ones?
Other - United States - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
dream of a lifetime uh..


2
LONG BEACH? Is NOT cheap. And not generally too safe. It's one of the more dangerous cities in CA. Although there are some safe parts there...You will be paying more for rent (ATLEAST 1200/month in a not amazing area). San Jose is great...It's near San Francisco, a short drive to the ocean, etc. It's not really cheap here either. I live near San Jose and work in San Jose and I pay $1580/month + all utilities for a 790 sq ft. 1 bdrm! Alameda is the county I live in...I don't know much about the town itself. And I don't really know much about Santa Ana either. It is safer in Northern CA, but more expensive near SF. This state is NOT cheap. I guess your best bet for safety might be San Jose. I like the city enough...Not too much here...But lots within driving distance.