Thursday, May 12, 2011

How much should I charge to care for an infant in my home?


How much should I charge to care for an infant in my home?
San Jose, California I have a three old (experienced parent). I have an Education degree and have taught 3 years in public school. Full day of child care (probably 8am-5pm)
Newborn & Baby - 7 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
20$ for the day


2
I charge my babysitter $22 an hour for my two kids and she has all she needs and if she needs to go to the store i always leave extra money with my kids and my car so incase something should happen or they would like to get something to eat.And i work from 8a.m to 8:30 p.m


3
For an infant under 6 months, in Maine where we live, it's about $275 a week, full time. What is that about 55 bucks a day?? I'd go on the internet or call other local daycares and see how much they charge. Also, licensed daycares can charge more, but a one on one childcare for a baby is pretty awesome! So I think you should be paid on the higher end.


4
minimum $250 40 houres.


5
Surely not less than $50/day, that'd be a joke. Seeing that you have a lot to offer and you're located in California, I'd say you could easily get away with more. Maybe $65ish? I'd do my homework and call a few places in your area to see what they charge.


6
Check your local paper for other day care providers. Give them a call and ask how much they are charging. Generally infants are more than toddlers.


7
I am currently caring for an infant from 8am-5pm, five days a week and the family pays me $100 a day. That's the norm for my area. If you want, you can check out www.sittercity.com . It's a great website that helps babysitters, nannies and parents to connect. They also have a great section called tips and resources that helps decide pay for your area. It's called the Rate Calculator. You put in your zip code, years experience, number of children and some other factors. It gives you an hourly rate that fits your area and job requirements. Good luck! -Brit